Evenin’ all – welcome to our Line 6 HX Stomp External Footswitch Guide. I’ve just put together a very quick video demo on how to configure your Line 6 HX Stomp to accept an external dual footswitch. Check it out:
Here’s the text guide, for copy/pasting purposes:
- Press both Page buttons at the same time, and hit Page > once to see the Global Settings menu. Open it with the corresponding button.
- Use the main dial to head over to Preferences.
- Ensure that the Footswitch Mode for both EXP/FS Tip and EXP/FS Ring are set to FS4 and FS5, respectively.
- If you’re using the recommended Normally Open type footswitches, leave Tip Polarity and Ring Polarity to Normal. If you’ve got a Normally Closed type dual footswitch, change both Tip and Ring Polarity to Inverted.
- Use the main dial to head over to Footswitches.
- Here, you can choose the functions that FS4 and FS5 perform, including Bank Up/Down, Snapshot Up/Down, Preset Up/Down, FS Mode Up/Down, All Bypass, Toggle EXP, and Stomp 4/5.
- Press View and Action at the same time to save the settings – and BAM, you’re done.
I hope this helps! Adding an extra 2 footswitches to the HX Stomp is an absolute boon, so please share the video and this guide to ensure that your fellow rockstars have this Line 6 HX Stomp External Footswitch Guide to hand.
Still looking for the right footswitch for your HX Stomp? That’s easy – the Skinny Little Twins is what you need.
Thanks for reading!